Fountains in Barkers Pool
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
View looking down across Barkers Pool after the early 21st century refurbishment of Barkers Pool. Fountains with glass work by MUKAIDE. The flagpole and sculptural base (centre) of Sheffield City War memorial is by G. ALEXANDER & C. CARUS-WILSON, 1925. The red building in the background is the Odeon Cinema (no longer used as such) by HADFIELD, CAWKWELL & DAVIDSON, 1987. Behind that the tower of Sheffield Town Hall (E. W. Mountford, 1891-97). John Lewis Department Store (originally Cole Brothers) - right. Left are the steps of Sheffield City Hall and , just visible, a small part of the 1970's office development Fountains Precinct.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Japanese. Active in Britain.
Sheffield City Council
City squares -- England -- Sheffield
Streetscapes (Urban design)
Glass -- In architecture
Offices -- England -- Sheffield
Architecture -- 1900-2000
Architecture -- England -- Sheffield
Urban renewal -- England -- Sheffield