wrought and cast iron facades and upper floors
Exterior detail: corner of the building. Built as a furniture warehouse for F. and J. Smith. Extended with a mansard in 1931, but this and the interiors were destroyed in a fire in 1987. Restored and refurbished by 1990. Now used as a shop. Location: 122-136 Union Street.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Creator Dates - Born:
Creator Dates - Died:
British - Scottish.
Glass -- In architecture
Building, Iron and steel
Architecture -- 1800-1900
Architecture -- Scotland -- Glasgow
Warehouses -- Scotland -- Glasgow
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction