16th century ; 21st century
Interior detail. Ceiling above the front office of the Tourist Information Office. One section left showing lathes uncovered in the restoration. After extensive renovation, the building is now used as the Tourist Information Office. The rear of the building is a holiday let. Dating back to 1581 the building was used as a shop for over 4 centuries, before the restoration in 2006. Many traces of its former use have been retained.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Architect for the restoration.
Tourist information centres
Historic buildings -- Design and construction
Rural renewal -- Wales
Tourism -- Wales
Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration