Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Interior view of the main aisle showing the post-war building by BAILEY. The lantern is beginning to show signs of disrepair and netting has been slung in the aisle to prevent fragments falling on the congregation. The lantern was restored and new glass designe by Amber HISCOTT installed in 1998-99. Commission: The church, on Church Street, was granted cathedral status in 1914 and expanded and restored to designs by Charles NICHOLSON. Following some war damage, this work was begun again with a new architect, Arthur BAILEY.
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Architecture -- 1900-2000
Architecture -- England -- Sheffield
Cathedrals -- England -- Sheffield
Glass painting and staining
Glass -- In architecture