The Creation on the YMCA building
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
TORY , LOCKWOOD
Exterior view. Facade. Location: Carmel House (Old YMCA building), 49-63 Fargate - at the corner of Fargate and Norfolk Row. Description: Relief culptures by Frank Tory, showing the Creation, above the first floor windows. Higher up, a collecton of heraldic creatures. Inscribed date on the building is 1890. Commission: Built in 1890 by H Lockwood for the YMCA, with extensive facilities. Comment: Turned into offices in 1966. Sources: 'Victorian Sheffield City Centre Walkabout' - leaflet produced by The Victorian Society
© Sheffield Hallam University
For educational use only. This image may be used in print or digital materials provided that full acknowledgment is given, expressed as follows: " © < insert details from the 'Rights' field >. Photographed by < insert details from the 'Photographed by' field >."
Image Storage Location:
TORY, Frank Snr.
Public art -- England -- Sheffield
Decoration and ornament, Architectural
Shopping -- England -- Sheffield
Offices -- England -- Sheffield